All manuscripts are submitted through Editorial Manager.
New and revised submissions to Editorial Manager are closed between July 15 and August 16, and between December 14 and January 7. During this time a manuscript's status cannot be viewed.
Before submitting your manuscript, please pay attention to the points noted below:
- Visit the Guidelines for Manuscripts page.
- The contact author should have
available the names and email addresses of all authors and the
text of the manuscript abstract.
- At this time, s/he should
identify a research subfield for the manuscript. An author
submitting a revised manuscript should have available
the original manuscript number.
- An original
manuscript or a revised one may include only one anonymous (PDF, Word, or LaTex)
file, as described below:
- The contact author must submit an entirely anonymous
version of the manuscript.
- An anonymous file
must exclude such author-identifying information as the cover
page information on authors’ names and universities, expressions
of appreciation to others for advice or data, statements of
where the manuscript may have been presented at a conference, or
citations to the author’s unpublished work.
- The file should be
marked “anonymous” in the “document summary” tab, and the file
should be printable. The file should also contain any supporting information
(SI) and it should be clearly marked in the manuscript.
- The manuscript must not exceed 8500 words. The word count for the manuscript must be included on the page with the abstract. The word count includes all information from the Introduction through the
Discussion/Conclusion. It excludes the Abstract, Bibliography, and Supporting Information. It will include figures and tables.
- An author who submits a revised
manuscript must place any comments to reviewers into a dialogue
box during the submission process in
- An author may, but is not required to, include
comments to the Editor, acknowledgements, and details on where
the paper has been presented. This information can be inserted in the "authors comments" field in Editorial Manager.
- If a manuscript is accepted for publication,the manuscript will not be published unless the first footnote explicitly states where the data used in the study can be obtained for purposes of replication and any sources that funded the research. All replication files must be stored on the AJPS Data Archive on Dataverse. Please refer to the Accepted Article Guidelines for instructions relating to the AJPS Dataverse Archive. In addition, if Supporting Information (SI) accompanies the article it must be ready for permanent posting. Manuscripts without data or SI are exempt.
- An author may
recommend 3-4 individuals who are particularly qualified to
review the manuscript. Recommendations cannot include an
author’s doctoral dissertation supervisor, someone with whom an
author has co-authored in the past 12 months, colleagues in an
author’s department or comparable academic unit, or anyone with
whom an author has a family or other personal relationship.
Recommendations are recommendations; none, one, or all of them
may be selected to review. An author’s recommendations
must include a name and a contact email address. Author
recommendations should be done via the
Editorial Manager system.
- An author may recommend 3-4 individuals who should not review the manuscript. The author should provide reasons why such individuals ought to be disqualified. These recommendations will be taken into account in the review process, but should not be construed as barring such individuals from the review process.